- Most woodburner owners have a guilty secret! They don't sweep their chimney or flues frequently enough and they rarely have a full safety check/service every two or three years. To help relieve this burden of guilt, we have developed two types of servicing the ALL CLEAR and the SAFETY NET.
ALL CLEAR (Every 12 months) - £40
It is stated in building regulations that all solid fuel appliances should be inspected and swept at least one a year. In our basic ALL CLEAR service we will remove and examine parts such as riddling grates, baffles and firebricks before we sweep your chimney or flue and inspect the deposits. You will then receive an ALL CLEAR certificate from us that you're good to go for the next 12 months of burning.
SAFETY NET (Every 2-3 years) - £95*
In addition to the ALL CLEAR we have the essential 2-3 year full service which will maintain your woodburner's stated burn efficiency rating, prolong its life and most importantly ensure you are safe to continue to use the appliance.
What's included -
• Remove the door and all the following internal parts – baffle, firebricks, grate and ashpan.
• Sweep the flue or chimney
• Vacuum any remaining ash and debris from inside the appliance
• Clean the internal surfaces using a wire brush and scraper as required.
• Clean the grate and any grate parts with a wire brush and check for any damage, replace any damaged parts
• Clean the firebricks with a soft brush, check for damaged or broken bricks and replace
• Re-fit all cleaned internal parts and replacement parts
• Remove the glass from the door and discard old or worn rope seal
• Clean old glue from the groove which held the rope seal
• Replace the rope seal, gluing into place with a thermic seal adhesive, and re-fit the glass
• Lightly oil the door catch mechanism and hinge pins
Extra OPTION (not included but can be priced during your service)
• Refresh the exterior look of your stove with aerosol stove paints. Enamelled surfaces can only be cleaned with a lightly dampened, soft cloth only.
* price includes fire cement, rope seal & rope glue - not included: firebricks & internal parts which can be ordered as required.